Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Shoe Throwing Incident

Ok I know that this is old news but I have had a recent revelation about President George W. Bush in regards to this incident. I would first like to say that I am a fan. Not because he is from Texas, not because of the war, but because of how he has handled adversity. I have always believed that a man is measured not by how he handles himself during the easy times but how he reacts during the tough times. These are the times that you find out what a man is truly made of. This is where a weaker person breaks down, he might totally lose control, or compromise his beliefs in order to relieve some of the pressure of the situation. President Bush has never done this. He has taken everything on the chin and stayed the course. Has he every backtracked? No. Has he tried to repeadetly explain his reasons for unpopular decisions? No. Has he gotten down in the gutters with his chief critics? No. He takes the information that is available to him and makes the best decision possible, that is it. He recently stated that the most important job of the President is decision making. He was asked by Hannity if he sometimes wishes that he could show the American people the information he gets that helps drive his decisions, he said not really. He is not looking for people's approval, he is simply doing what he thinks is best for this country, period.

Now to the shoe throwing incident. As I watch this I think it is a direct reflection of his administration as of late. This man threw his shoe as hard as he could he was pulling no punches, he wanted to hit Bush in the face with it and he wanted to hurt him. Now that it has become fashionable to be a "Bush Basher" the attacks have become more vicious. They have become personal. President Bush saw the shoe calmly dodged it and looked up waiting for the next one that he knew was coming. He didn't dive to the floor cowering behind the podium, he didn't pick up the shoe and throw it back. He dodged and then smirked. As the attacks from the left have become more frequent and vicious President Bush stands tall, dodges calmly and waits for the next one. He doesn't attack back, he doesn't cower, he takes it. Mr. President allow me for a second to do your heavy lifting if I may.

Since the attacks on 9/11 how many Americans have been killed in America by terrorists? None. Why is that? Because they are over here fighting, running and hiding. I have mentioned before that I have lost friends here so I have a personal investment. Everyone of them would have rather be fighting the enemy over here than allowing them freedom of movement that would facilitate another attack on American soil. Why is Bin Laden still running around free?? Because he is living in a FUCKING cave. He is not free, he cannot make a phone call, see his family, talk on a radio, or do anything that would help him plan future attacks. Murderers in American prisons have more quality of life than he does. Why did we go into Iraq? This one is to easy, you had a maniacal dictator with access to an unlimited supply of money. I always like to answer that question with another question. What if we had deposed Hitler prior to World War 2? I guess that people opposed to a the war in Iraq would have prefferred that we waited until Saddam invaded ANOTHER oil producing country. Am I the only one that remembers how many times weapon's inspectors tried and failed to inspect key facilities in Iraq prior to the War? This of course after his failed attempt to capture and control Kuwait. What about the economy? What about it? In my opinion which is very limited when it comes to matters of the national economy, this is the fault of the banks and lending institutions that we are now spending billions of dollars to bailout. The mortgage companies were oh so quick to loan anyone with a pulse ridiculous amounts of money when the housing market was booming. It didn't matter if the people were unable to make the payments because the bank could quickly turn around the property usually at a profit. Not so anymore. So if I take my money and make a series of bad investments who is coming to bail me out? Who is going to save me from my ignorance? No one that is who. You want to save the banks and help the economy? Use the money to help people pay what they are currently behind on their mortagages. The banks have already proven that they cannot manage these funds, this way people are able to keep their homes and the banks get all of the money that is owed to them. Again just my un informed opinion.

So President Bush I would just like to say thank you. Thank you on behalf of my family. Thank you for being a President I can be proud of. Thank you for taking the moral high ground at every turn. I truly believe history will prove that your decisions were sound. It has been an honor serving for you as my Commander in Chief. Keep dodging sir there are alot of us that have your back.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment